Skip to main content

Reply to "What would you do or have done?"

GloFisher posted:

If you and your son are comfortable with the organization, i would stay.  There are not going to be coaches at every game that your son plays, regardless of the organization or where you play.   Finding a team where he will play, fit in, feel comfortable, and develop is important.   Target schools with the help of your son's coach or outside help if needed, pick a few camps, follow the script.  Best of luck.  

Comfort, fitting in, and friendship don't get you to the next level. At a certain point you have to tell your kids that if they want to advance, they need to do what is best for their baseball future. Truth is if my kids want to play at small schools in the Midwest and the coach has tournaments scheduled at big D1 schools in the South (even if small southern schools will be there) it's not a team they need to play for. I'm sure the kids have an idea of where they would like to go and if the schedule doesn't match their interests, there is no point of paying the team, paying for hotels, and airfare when it can be done better elsewhere.