Skip to main content

Reply to "What's Best?"

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts on the matter. This has really helped me alot. I've heard
others say that being on a highly competitive team is important because playing against better competition will get you better. Also, have heard that always being "THE STAR" on the team is not good because sometimes it keeps kids from developing work ethic in order to get better. That doesn't apply in this case because my son has always pushed himself and worked very hard on his own. Everything you've said makes perfectly good sense to me.

Another thing is the $. We may be going to Orlando two weeks in a row to compete in two different tournaments and a few other out of state tournaments. Can just imagine going over there and spending all that $ for my kid to sit the bench. Oh...and also didn't mention in previous email that this team brings in two players from long distances (one from out of state) to play in tournaments. They don't practice with the team. Yes, they are studs....big kids who've hit puberty. My son is the smallest on the team and hasn't hit that stage yet.