Skip to main content

Reply to "What's Best?"

I have been a part of many different teams over the years. I have coached hand picked teams where we went out and scouted the players and got players based on information I was given from very reliable sources. We won alot. We were very talented. And then you are always looking for that upgrade at a certain posistion or more depth at others. Its kind of a hollow feeling as a coach when your winning just because you found more talent than the other team your playing that day.

I have also taken a group of kids that had some talent but also had a strong desire to work to be the very best they could be. We built a relationship. We worked on their game and we had a game plan for each player. We were loyal to our guys and they were loyal to us. We won alot of games. We saw them grow as players over the years and as young men. It is much more fullfilling to me as a coach to build something than buy it. And it is very rewarding to see a player develop into a player that others want to buy. Buy he is not willing to sell out.

I have seen players replaced many times on teams over the years. Except the coaches kids. For some reason they get a pass.