Skip to main content

Reply to "What's going on?"

Great discussion and it's great to see people bring up differing points in a mature way.

I am sort of in the middle that it's never acceptable to allow violence to happen but it does become a pressure cooker during a season. There has to be that middle ground to where something public isn't acceptable but the ability to work out problems.

As for the question as to what we would do if we were Yost - I say fine them a high percentage of their salary. Best way to hurt today's athlete is to take it out of the back pocket. Baseball is a game where you can suspend / sit players for a certain amount of time but overall it's not a huge punishment. It just seems silly to go the high school route and make them run 30 poles as punishment. Plus sitting a player who is great is punishing the players who were not involved in the fight.

Fine each player a percentage of their salary and everyone is on even ground in terms of punishment.

Sports Illustrated has that small section called the "sign of the apacalypse" and if players / teams in the LL world series end up fighting then I am going to bury my head in the sand.