Skip to main content

Reply to "What's going on at Western Carolina University?"

It's unfortunate that a site like this is used to bash a highly successful program such as Western Carolina because a young man did not have the experience he was looking for. It's a shame that now a days when something doesn't go as planned immediately the coaches are to blame. From what I understand, the shortstop that is spoken about is still going to attend WCU this upcoming year & not playing baseball. I would think if a player truly had a passion for the game, he would seek somewhere else to play. Could it be possible that a player was simply not willing to work at his game and looking for a free ride to college? I follow that conference & It was interesting to see that Western made a real nice run at the end & almost pulled the championship out once again, despite being short-handed. Looks to me like the players that competed at the end, rallied around coach raleigh and the path the program has taken. Many people need to understand that College baseball isn't little league and sometimes kids might actually have to hear something they don't like. Let's try not to talk negatively with only having one side of the story.