Skip to main content

Reply to "What's going on at Western Carolina University?"

A high school team mate of mine went to WCU. He said he regrets it. He said that all the pitching injuries are because Coach Raleigh threatens and intimidates pitchers into throwing when their arms are hurting them. That's what happend to him and Eryk. He said that there was another pitcher that just came back from arm surgery and Coach Raleigh was trying to make him come back too soon by threatening his scholarship. He put him in a game, and he had to have more surgery this summer.

I just talked to another friend who told me that Eryk is recovering good from his TJ operation, and that Eryk told Coach Raleigh he is not coming back to play for WCU. He is going to get his arm healthy and then transfer.

For everybody that say's these players need to grow up because this is COLLEGE Baseball. They don't know what's really happening at WCU. My friend is a tough kid. If people want to know what's really happening at WCU...they should ask Coach Tatham. He quit because of the way Coach Raleigh treated the players. Everybody in this area knows Coach Tatham is a good coach.