Skip to main content

Reply to "What's the average income for a minor leaguer?"

That's why I told you I am a "rookie" on baseball. I never played basebal before. I have very high expectation on my son. Because he is really good at current level. Hitting, pitching, fielding all around. Every coach saw him told me he is going to be a "big time player". But actually he didn't prove anything yet (as a HS freshman, he havn't played a sigle HS game yet, what do you expect?). But his talent is there for sure.
I read some draft news about some player got the signing bonus from 300,000 to 4 million just being drated, is that true? So, I dreamed if he be drafted in the future, he should get the big buck. If the minor leaguer only get lower than average salary, and 90% will not make it to the majors, then I think this system should be reformed. Either you don't draft that many players or increase the pay check to $50,000 per year. Otherwise it's a waste of the young lifes to become the bottom feeder to the big business of MLB. If my son is not good enough to get the guranteed money, I will not let him sign with anyone. He will play college ball only and find a decent job instead. If you said the income part is true, I am really dispointed. To be hornest with you, I am letting him play for the big money, there are just too much investment in him now, I can't afford to let him to be average.

Go CARDS, I am a CADRS fan too.