Skip to main content

Reply to "What's the average income for a minor leaguer?"

Stardad, there is a really good book i would suggest anyone read it, it is called "Good enough to Dream" by Roger Kahn. Great book about being a "Baseball player".
Every dad wants their kids to be great at what they do, if you don't have those expectations some would say would be disappointing. But for the most part like Orlando said it is about the stories, i played a couple years here nor there, in college my goal was i wanted the payday, but ultimately in the end. You realize it wasn't even nesecarily about the end result, but sometimes the road that you got there on. The thing alot of people who have played the game at the higher levels will tell you is it is more about the stories they can tell, the things they did, who they played with, the road trips and so on, the experience of it all. Money is always something we strive for but like Catch43 said most play for the love of the game and the payday is something we strive for but the game is what we live for.

You will go to showcases in the future and your son will be graded, compared, scrutinized, publicized and the whole bowl of wax. The Ultimate goal should be make it to the show be great and make bank, realistic goal should be good enough to get college paid for, play some minor league ball and one day get a good job, have some kids and hope they can have great experiences of their own or turn out better than you did.