Skip to main content

Reply to "What's the average income for a minor leaguer?"

quote:
Originally posted by StarDad:
quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
The top potential talent get reasonable signing bonuses. The rest get an opportunity.

Thanks that's exactly what I want to know through all this posts. I don't know why no body answer this question. I just want know who will get the signing bonuses and sum the salary and the signing bonus, how much the minor leaguers get? I keep hearing the 6 figure salaries from the media, but a lot of people here say something about $1100 a month. Drafted or not, I want my son to get the 6 figure bonus or chose something else to do. Is that hard to understand?

Well, one reason nobody answered that question until a while into the thread might well have been that that information is easy enough to find through a web search for bonuses by round. If you managed to find this place on the web, you could have found the answer to that question on the web as it's fact-based, not opinion or advice.

Arriving at a site like this without that kind of basic information is yet another reason people suspect you should be asked to "pull the other one, it's got bells on".

And yes, it is hard to understand why the parent of a freshman in high school is (almost four years before the child will even be eligible for the draft) looking for reassurance from internet posters that said child (sight unseen & no knowledge of the competition he faces)will be drafted high enough to receive 6-7 figures in bonus money AND that MiLB remuneration will be overhauled to fit his perceptions.