Skip to main content

Reply to "What's the average income for a minor leaguer?"

quote:
Originally posted by Orlando:
[And yes, it is hard to understand why the parent of a freshman in high school is (almost four years before the child will even be eligible for the draft) looking for reassurance from internet posters that said child (sight unseen & no knowledge of the competition he faces)will be drafted high enough to receive 6-7 figures in bonus money AND that MiLB remuneration will be overhauled to fit his perceptions.

Sorry, Orlando, you may never met a guy like me before. I am not mad at anyone who misunderstand me.
I thought I am "crazy" too. I search the intetnet, saw some players with their # of picks and 6-7 figure tag after their name. I just don't understand what does it mean. I wonder he is paid right away or sometime later, I wonder is everyone paid that way or little bit less. That's why I was shocked a minor leaguer paid at $1100 per month. Am I way over the line or just stupid? People work in different areas got their own specialty. You ask Mr. Albert Enstain how to fix a car, guess what answer you will get. I have said number of times, I am a outsider, have very few knowlege of the baseball system. That's why I need help.
Last edited by StarDad