Skip to main content

Reply to "What's the average income for a minor leaguer?"

Hi, Tiger Paw Mom:

How do you think the odds for Cardinals making to the world series next year? I don't think they are going anywhere next year. Albert is fading away , and no good pitchers. And the best GM is gone, I really don't like their chances. I will tell you one thing, the owner of the Cardinals is a very mean guy, he won't spend a penny on free agent. I won't let my son play for the Cardinals if I were you. You know when Albert Pujors picked by the CARDs, St. Louis offered a signing bonus of just $10,000, he turned them down. Instead, Albert chose to play in the Jayhawk League, a Kansas circuit for college-age players. At the end of the summer, the Cardinals blinked, and upped their offer to $60,000. Albert accepted. Which is still a steal for the CARDs. I feel disgust by the CARDs ownership. So talent player will get their money, just matter of how long they hold out. I think your son DK should test the free agent market next year, don't ever play for the mean owner. Although I am the CARDS fan, but I don't like the ownership there at all.