Skip to main content

Reply to "Whats with Ozzie Guiilen?"

This may sound bitter but if these Latin players are trying to learn English with the same "enthusiasm" many of newer "citizens" in South Texas then it's a wasted effort. That's why every phone message, pulse machine, etc. here has to be in Spanish and English or so many jobs require Bilingual skills. I'm not a racist as I have many Hispanic friends and even relatives through marriage but I still feel English is the national language of the US and the last time I looked that included Texas. That's why I feel Ozzie's rant is as usual from him, a lot of hot air. Japanese is a language for removed from mainstream English and there are far less people who speak it than there are Spanish speakers. And as other posters stated, the investment and entry level is much higher at least for the Japanese stars who had to go through the posting process which requires, I believe, nine years in the Japanese Leagues. Remember, in Org.Baseball, the bigger the investment in a player, the more privileges, chances and help he gets and thats just the way it is.