Skip to main content

Reply to "What's Wrong With Youth Sports Today? The Adults!"

Chick Dig

You are right nobody should give up because the system may be bad. But that is easier said than done. I am not saying be sensitive but in the cases where the system hurts kids then it should be addressed. I come from this by experience. Thankfully things have worked out well for my son. He is now playing in college. There were things that happened in youth ball that quite frankly were not right. I would if I could attend his games and certain things occurred that quite frankly were wrong.Certain kids got special treatment. when it was time to select the tournament teams etc there was the daddyball and politics but to me that was no surprise but try telling that to an 11 or 12 year old kid who ate and slept baseball. Tough. You know I got the old it is not fair. and there were things that were not. I learned a lot from my father in things such as this so I told him he was right it was not fair. He had to deal with it.Not me. Was he a good player . Yes did he deserve better. I thought so but it was not up to me. As they say it was not my call. to make a long story short it was a blessing as it was a driving force for him.