Skip to main content

Reply to "when a college player gets asked for a meeting from scouts from MLB team..."

My son is going through this right now. Taking home visits from scouts. I would say just be yourself. They are trying to get a feel for the player's character and see if there are any red flags. One observation after the first one was they are not there to just lob softball questions to hit out of the park. They actually asked some business interview type questions "Can you recall a time where you felt stressed out on the field. What was the situation? What techniques did you use to try to calm the stress? What was the outcome of the situation?". Kind of threw my son for a loop. After the first one we discussed those type of questions. He now gets what they are after. If anything, good to experience what real world interviews can be like.

Like mentioned above, they are trying to figure out signability. How determined are you with going to college? My son was advised to talk up college a lot during the visits.

Last edited by ARCEKU21