Skip to main content

Reply to "when an offer isn't really one"

The truth is you are probably right...99% of kids/families don't do that.

Luckily, like I've said before, there are not a lot of "bad" choices at this level.

I just feel that if a family is preparing to spend $100,000 to $250,000 for 4 years of college why wouldn't they want to find the "BEST" choice for their child.

I bet when you bought your house you visited over 10 houses.  I bet you spent hours combing through MLS listings.  I bet you got feedback on the investment from friends and professionals.  I bet you had the house inspected and you did multiple walk throughs. Etc, etc.

It doesn't take that much more effort to do the next level research on schools.  But you are right, most people don't go there.

I hope to make it much easier through the bus tours.   Our tours visit 18 to 20 schools in 4 days.  We are shown the academic and athletic facilities by the baseball coaches.  We see dorms, class rooms, libraries, cafeterias, weight rooms, training rooms, locker rooms, baseball fields.  And we workout twice.  But the trip is not about recruiting.  Its about scouting a variety of options to figure out where the kid feels at home.

Rich

www.PlayInSchool.com/bus_tour

www.twitter.com/PlayInSchool