Skip to main content

Reply to "When did the 2 way dream end?????"

A couple or three things. I wouldn't consider it unless your kid is an above-average student. The workload is bad enough as one or the other. Along those lines pitching would have to be something that came naturally. If it's something he really needs to work at it will be difficult. Thirdly, and maybe most importantly, as one or the other you'll be dealing with just one coach. Position players the HC and pitchers the PC. As a two way you'll be dealing with both so they really need to be on the same page. They aren't always, they weren't at the kid's school. The HC saw him and recruited him. I don't think the PC liked a kid being "forced" on him and didn't do much to set the kid up for success. An example. His first year they asked him to PO and things didn't go so well. So this year he didn't pitch at all. Sitting in the dugout last season talking to the HC he told the kid he recruited him for his CB. He was surprised and not too happy when the kid was like "that's interesting because the first thing Ted did last year was tell me I couldn't throw the CB anymore".  Obviously there was a lack of communication between the coaches.