Skip to main content

Reply to "When did you know you had a "Player""

NRV1, Good topic! We all know what happend to your son in the end!! party

When my son was 12 in the championship of a out of town tournament. He had pitched a complete game victory in the semi's and had a couple innings eligibility left to pitch. He started the bottom of the seventh, game tied and proceeded to give up an opposite field triple. I called time out and brought the infield in and told them Josh was going to walk the next two batters intentionally to create a force and then get us out of the jam. He then proceeded to strike out the next two hitters and get a fly ball for the third out.

A couple of the other parents afterward told me (I hope jokingly) that if I would have put their son in that situation they would have killed me. I overheard a couple of umpires that had stayed around to watch the game say that it was a stupid move and I couldn't expect a 12 yo to handle that kind of pressure.

We ended up losing the game the next inning because of the "dreaded" California playoff smash.

After the game I told my son to put the feeling of that one inning in his "memory bank" and remember that he has it in him to get out of any jam.

BTW, 123Kmom "stinger", I like it thumb. Mine was nicknamed "Danger boy". biglaugh

PASSION - "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
Last edited {1}