Skip to main content

Reply to "When Did You Stop Paying Attention?"

@Francis7 posted:

I just hope there will be MLB at that time or at least a version of it that we like. The way the game is trending scares me. The gambling association is very troubling. And the other stuff - robo umps, advertising on uniforms and the playing field, pitchers leaving no hitters in the 8th inning, ghost runners in extra innings, etc. - almost makes the game unrecognizable.

I'm right there with you Francis7. Nice topic, too.

I wonder how many fans were added after MLB's public political pronouncements. I barely watched the 2020 season; totally lost interest. This year was a little better until the ASG mess.

Fortunately my son found the CPBL last year after MiLB was cancelled and I found breakfast baseball. That was fun! (CHEERLEADERS! and SabaBoy.) Following my son's new teammates is going to be rather difficult. I still occasionally check into MLB these days to see some of his old teammates, though that's about it.

I'm still undecided on the extra innings situation. Some of the other experiments they are trying in the Atlantic League really don't seem right. I don't want to see them go further. MLB has faded somewhat in my lifestyle. Kind of like how NFL lost me years ago when they started throwing flags on every kickoff and nearly every other play thereafter. Instant replay is killing both sports but it seems to be a necessary evil with the advancement of recording everything.

I would like to follow more sons of HSBBW. I keep losing or forgetting the notes I take when I finally connect a player's name to posters.

Last edited by TMM_Dad