Skip to main content

Reply to "when is it safe to go outside to pitch"

I sent this PM to a few folks, I was asked if I would share it with the entire board. So here it is..

" I want to apologize for my posts in this thread. I was head hunting a coach and was trying to find any reason to disagree with him becasue I did not feel that he was competent to coach my son.   I wanted the old coaches back, I did not want change, I did not want a newbie. , for me it was all about success on the field, how far can you get, are you better than that player.

But I have to admit I was wrong, and frankly I'm wrong a lot of the time.

2014 signed today, so we went to the school for the signing.  When I got in the gym there were the  high school coach, new college coach, retired coaches, coaches from other sports, the princple, the AD, the newspapers, the school video dept, interviews , they made him feel like he was a Cy Young winner.  Then the teammates came in the seniors first the underclassman next.

The AD came up to me and said congrats, then the principle, and the coaches, I said "why are all these poeple here"?  and the principle said well this is your sons family, he's a senior, he's made an impact on a lot of these players, they look up to him and we are proud of him.

It hit me like a ton of bricks, I started remembering, the comments I made in the past, " that coach is an idiot" "High school ball doesn't matter, just travel ball"  " that kid will never make it"  there not throwing that kid"  and of course, "when is it too cold to throw outside" etc....

So again I aplogize to you and I am going to apologize to my son, you can only imagine what he has heard... .... I learned a lot today.... it's not about me, what I think , what I think is best, it's about the journey, the realtionships, the good the bad and it's his, not mine.... So I am going to try my best to enjoy this time, because I have missed way too much being an ass and a distraction .