Skip to main content

Reply to "When to position specialize?"

@infielddad Last summer a baseball training facility opened up next door to my sons hitting facility.  My son was literally the first local client.  Spent all summer and the off season in there.  Lots of college kids and pros you would know are in and out of there on a regular basis.  The owner was recently asked who his most improved clients were and my son and a Florida D1 softball player were the two that he mentioned.  Incredibly proud of my sons dedication.  Work ethic, drive and determination are not the issue here.  Overcoming less than ideal genetics, physical maturity and the concept of how much daily caloric intake are.  He also has a nutritionist now that is helping him get there.  In season training is a challenge as there just isn’t a whole lot of time with homework, game and practice schedules.  He get’s in when he can, but not enough to make the difference the off season does.  He’ll be back in there 5-6 days a week the second the season ends.  

Throwing velo was 66 pre surgery in November of his freshman year and a year and a half later he’s low 80’s.  Pretty confident he’ll sit mid 80’s by the start of summer ball when he has time to focus more on his throwing program and puts on much needed functional weight.  

Great advice and thank you.