Skip to main content

Reply to "When was everyone really good?"

Believe it or not.  They made my kid look like a baby when they stood up by him.  1 was 3rd round draft pick by Yankees and destroyed balls in high school and on travel circuit.  The other is an SEC starting lineman who gave up baseball.  They hit 4 in one weekend over 250 fences playing 10U and another kid hit one.  The only age appropriate game we lost when they were 8U was to a team that ended up having 4 1st and 2nd round draft picks out of Tampa. The Tampa team and Elite Squad team from Miami were destroying balls back then.  I watched Harper hit 400 ft. shot in game at 12 and 450 ft. shot when he was 14 in bp.

No offense to Dadbelly2023, I watched a 10 year old hit 5 over the 285 fence this summer and the teams were consistently hitting homeruns over the 250 in this open USSSA tournament.  So 180 is not really hitting the ball.  That is not even getting out of a LL field.  The big boys in 9U open are consistently hitting home runs over 250 fences.  Some of them won't get much better but they kill balls at a young age and others will continue and be the best.