Skip to main content

Reply to "Where Are The Baseball Players Going?"

I refused to buy anything electronic for my kids and only 1 TV in house.  That lasted until about 2006 when oldest turned 12.  At that point my wife caved and bought PlayStation and Nintendo.  Kids still sat in living room because of 1 TV.  When I came home no more video stuff so there was a limit.

Wife went to next level a couple of years later with a couple of TV's at yard sales.  Not hooked up to cable but that was the end of kids in the living room.  

Then came the phones.  I have battled them all over their rudeness and have actually given them the Jethro Gibbs cuff a time or two.  The sickening thing is they don't consider it rude to ignore people.  It quickly reached a point where the only time they talked to me was when they wanted something.

Over the last 10 years have had a number of nasty altercations with them all for breaking off in the middle of a conversation to see what bonged on the phone.

I cannot imagine anything worse in the world than everyone in it being able to try to talk to me when they want to.  Who knows maybe someday I will feel different but I will have to buy a cell to find out. 

Very unlikely unless I am made to by the phone companies.  Or the government so that when it is time for me to die they can find me and drill me with something off a drone.  Just hope it won't be my political opinion that does me in but rather I have totally outlived any usefulness. 

Pretty sure my kids have a poll on their phone and have voted that getting their inheritance sooner than later would be a good thing.  I heard it was about 83% of millennials voting that way in the poll.  It was considered good for income equality and would mean adulting can be put off for another 40 years.  It even might make it into the Green New Deal when that finally hits Congress.

If you remember the time before 9/11 - Keep your heads on a swivel and remember to serpentine...serpentinel!