Skip to main content

Reply to "Where Are The Baseball Players Going?"

Back in my day???  say that and you turn off those who think they reinvented the game. as one who belongs to back in the day I like to remind those who scoff at that that the bases were 90' and the pitcher still stood 60feet 6 inches from home plate which is still 17 inches wide.  I remember  trying out for a team yes trying out. Might have been 150 kids. You made the team and you "traveled" around the city to play other teams. You sold chances and 50 50 tickets to pay for it. Now lets have a travel team pay your money you travel to some far away destination pay an entrance fee for some tournament that guarantees you 3 games in a weekend. Plus you have to pay for lodging? I know my parents "Back in the day" could never have afforded that. Hitting coaches pitching coaches money money money. I will be honest and I go to high school games and I see some stuff that I just shake my head. On a lighter note I remember "Back in the day " hitting bottle caps with a broom handle. we found the bottle caps and the broom handle was found as well. did not cost a cent.