Skip to main content

Reply to "Where can I play"

#1 Assistant Coach posted:

Ok, I'll take a swing at this one since no one else has.......Kanye those are some impressive #s.  Like, all of them.  Was this your first showcase?   Do you play summer ball for a showcase team?  Are you new to the idea of playing college baseball?

Your post reads as if you just happened to stumble into an Ivy showcase and have no clue about a recruiting process that for a 2017 is in its final phase. 

If you are what you say you are, then you have a lot to offer.  Not sure what Ivy you were just at but how were you received?  Did any schools there talk w you?

Thanks for the reply. I was approached by an Ivy and Georgetown. I also just got an email from a NESCAC. I went up to the Georgetown camp a few weeks ago and was 85-87. My GPA is only a 3.1 uw and a 3.3 w so I am a little worried that this score is too low for these schools. My test score is a 34 only when superscored (33 reg) but I think most schools take the superscore. 

Is it true that Ivy recruiting is in it's final phase? I have only seen a few kids commit thus far in the summer. I talked to Yale and they said they had 3 of 7 and were looking for 2 more pitchers. Anyways, given my info, Do you think I still have a shot at a lesser ivy like Columbia or Brown. Or should I pursue the NESCAC route? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.