Skip to main content

Reply to "Where can I play"

The short answer is yes, however you still have a lot to prove to the coaches and the Admission Committee.  Pitching is more than MPH and a good student is much better than an average GPA with a high ACT.  The ivy & nescac coaches take their direction from the admissions committee.   If I was an Ivy coach I'd have alot of questions about your academic work ethic or possibly the high school you went to.  I understand there can be extenuating circumstances with ultra competitive high schools.  If that is the case, you need to get your story out   Again, if I was an Ivy coach I'd keep you on the list to see again, but I'm not sold that it would be easy for you or the Coaching staff to get you through Admissions.

As for this statement....."Anyways, given my info, Do you think I still have a shot at a lesser ivy like Columbia or Brown. Or should I pursue the NESCAC route? Any help is greatly appreciated.   There are no lesser Ivys and certainly a NESCAC school is not going to be much easier to get into academically.  All of these schools are highly selective on the academic end.  You should familiarize yourself with these schools and their process for athletes.  This website is chock full of information on that topic.

Yes, Ivy recruiting is happening right now with recruits they've seen multiple times.  If this is a direction you want to go in, you need to be seen and you need to reaching out to these schools at this very moment.

Good luck!