Skip to main content

Reply to "Where can I play"

I have heard and seen there is a chart the Ivy's use to evaluate athletes.  It gives a score based on your GPA, SAT, ACT, class rank.  I cannot remember what it is called.  But basically if I remember correctly a "normal" Ivy student's # is around 215 or higher.  They allow a certain amount of athletes 200-210, 190-200, 180-190 and I think the lowest they allow is a 172.  But there are only 1 or 2 of those players.  If anyone can post what this chart is called...??  Also, just an FYI - normal admissions to Ivy's and Patriot League schools look for "consistency"....if your GPA is 3.8 or higher with lots of AP classes and your SAT/ACT is 1300 or 28 and higher they know you test well and do well in school.  A high SAT/ACT score and a low GPA is a red flag for them.  I know a boy who has connections at a competitive Patriot League school, had 2100 on his SAT but his GPA was 3.3 and he did not get in.  BUT he was not an athlete.  Best wishes to you...and please remember it is not just getting into the school it is being able to stay there and do well.  I am posting this from personal experience.  Sometimes it is best to go to a school that is 1 level below where you think you should be academically.