Skip to main content

Reply to "Where is the interest?"

The process IMO is just as frustrating and difficult for the kids getting lots of attention, trust me.

Some odd things we have experienced so far.

The biggest mailbox and email stuffers were the ones who never called? These weren't form letters or camp invites, they were personal, many hand written, Junior Day invites. Of these 2 specific schools I mention, one a BIG 10 and the other an SEC had seen my kid play on numerous occasions, even in their stadium !!

Say your kid goes into an SEC stadium on a hot summer weekend afternoon with his summer team and pitches a no-hitter, or hits a 430 foot shot over the CF wall, right there in front of the eyes of the college coach who has sent you 50 letters/emails over the past year. You may think that the deal is sealed. Guess again.

NO CALL

And when you call that coach, they say 11.7, I have no money, and you walk away shaking your head Like the AFLAC duck crazy

Someone on this website said that during the process of recruiting, you will get calls from colleges you never would think of, and no calls from many you thought would.

That is 100% true.

If you like a school, pick up the phone and call them. The worst thing they can say is NO

***my next post will talk about the "stringer alongs" and you are # 1
Last edited by OLDSLUGGER8