Skip to main content

Reply to "Where is the interest?"

quote:
Is your son at, or was at, the college he attended because of you being proactive? Or did he end up there because the college was proactive about recruiting him?

It's obviously best to be on the end of having the school be proactive about our sons. I have known kids though that have taken the proactive approach themselves and ended up having very successful careers at very large schools. We have a couple on HSBBW that I'm aware of.

My son and I just talked about this ver topic yesterday because he did, with the exception of one school, talk with only those that came after him. He has a teammate from JUCO that he would love to come to the four year he now attends. The friend told my son over the weekend "they haven't called about me". My son told the friend "call them". Our view on how to handle this has changed since he went through recruiting. Not all schools can know about every player out there and sometimes you have to be willing to put yourself on their radar.

Now, if you're talking about AZ, Nebraska, Stanford, Miss State...... I don't think there's any harm in contacting them, but I also feel certain they pretty much know who they're going after with an A, B, and C list. Smile

If you're a player that's not hearing from anyone, you have no choice but to be proactive! Smile
Last edited by lafmom