Skip to main content

Reply to "Where is the self-assessment?"

Not playing for your hs team doesn’t always mean a lot.  I know you have a lot of criteria there, but people see what they want to see. That said, we have a kid at our hs who has played very very little (almost zero in district). He is ranked on the top 100 draft list and is committed to a top 25 D1. I would say his potential is probably off the charts but he has not been able to throw  strikes consistently, and therefore he does not play at our high school. He will very likely be drafted this year.  Our sophomore year, there were 12 seniors on our team. Every single one of them committed to play baseball somewhere. Only three or four of them had any meaningful innings during high school. Quite a few of them played several years in college.  But the thing is, some of the kids who got cut freshman year at our high school, changed schools and started for varsity that same year at their new school. It all depends on the level of the school and if my kid loved Baseball, and could play somewhere, I would have no problem with it at all all