Skip to main content

Reply to "Where is the self-assessment?"

Francis,

Check a bit of history on Hendrix college baseball. When our son was at Trinity (Tx) the games were totally non-competitive. TOTALLY!

One game we sat with a Hendrix pitcher’s parents. He wanted TU but knew he would not see an inning. We talked about ways Coach Scannell was building TU and approaches for parent support.

A couple years later Hendrix changed coaches and the assistant was the shortstop on the teams which got crushed. He joined the HSBBW site as doubletothegap.

We exchanged communications about his efforts to recruit and build and finding quality players who respected the game. He was very generous in how our son and teammates competed in each of those blowouts.

Long story short, double recruited a number of wonderful players and in 2010 they beat Trinity to win the SCAC and the very first Regional berth.

While I ???? a number of your posts, I completely support your empathetic feelings. I posted this to suggest that sometimes the story evolves with a highly unexpected outcome-sort of like the starting QB at UGA this year and one of our son’s best friends who walked on at ND as 9th string QB and ended up a starter for Coach Willingham.