Skip to main content

Reply to "Where's PG?"

"If a person took the time to read the posts that he made over the years, you could see that he cared about the kids. He offered to help many kids that he didn't even know."

Yes, and I'm one of those people. I realized right away that this guy's heart is in the right place by reading old threads. I'm an aunt who is responsible for helping nephew navigate his recruiting journey, and this site was a life saver. I've only been on here for a few months and never personally interacted with PG, but have read LOTS of old threads. I was impressed that anyone on staff at PG would take the time to provide such insightful and helpful feedback. I read many of PG's posts before I read a thread that gave away his identity.

I was blown away to learn that such an influential person would spend his "spare" time to help our kids! Kids he doesn't know! I read several of his old posts in which he offered to help kids who needed assistance (financially or otherwise). He even solicited PMs so he could personally assure that assistance. It was obvious he genuinely cares about the future success of baseball and the kids who are its future. 

PG is like the volunteer youth team coach who doesn't have a kid on the team:  he donates his time and expertise because he truly loves the game and the kids. That makes me respect and celebrate his entrepreneurial success even more! This aunt certainly thanks you PG for all the posts you have made thus far. Even if you never post again, your existing posts will educate for many years to come.     

Someone above mentioned that this site is a "community" rather than just a typical online forum. I have found that to be true. Thanks to all of you who have helped create and maintain that environment for us newcomers.