Skip to main content

Reply to "Where's PG?"

BishopLeftiesDad posted:
old_school posted:
BishopLeftiesDad posted:

He was also interested in staying close to home. He did not want to go more than 4 or 5 hours away. 

I lived this, we went to Virginia several times, then Omaha (actually a great trip don't regret that at all), then GA, then the FT Myers WWBA in October...then the boy realized, even though he had the option to, he didn't want to go to a school down south...the only one he missed was Jupiter and by then to be honest neither one of us gave a damn!

all in all it was worth every dine we had a great time and if it was waste of money so be it, it was not a waste of time!

Spending quality time, with family is always worth every dime. When my son was going through it, I saw so many unhappy or stressed people. Here they were away from home in a nice location, watching their son play. And the son has an outing not up to par. Son is frustrated,  and Dad is mad. Or scouts they hoped, did not show. Any number of things. Even though my son stayed close to home we still spent our share of money. I don't regret a dime we spent. Would I do some things differently? Sure, but I would never give up those summers with my son and his team mates.

As you know, my daughter has finished her college career.  Still, she/we seem to talk about all of these times on the road.  It was mostly a Father/Daughter because my wife had to stay home to take care of the horses.  Those memories are better than gold.  What I have never understood is those parent who wanted to make it more than it should have been and ruined it for both their child and themselves.