Skip to main content

Reply to "Where to go from here"

Originally Posted by PGStaff:

joes87,

I agree with what you said except for one thing that kind of bothers me and I see it mentioned a lot. I know it is meant to show the importance of academics which is very important, but here is what bothers me...    "There is very little money available for scholarships playing college ball"

Whenever I hear or read that, I always wonder, who are we talking to?  I know it is a little thing, but for "some" players there is a "lot" of baseball money available!  And for many that are academically challenged, but excellent players, there are JC programs that cover everything.  Then there are the few that get drafted early and sign for millions.

Point is... Education is the most important thing for most, but people are different.  Not everyone is capable of earning a baseball scholarship and not everyone is capable of earning an academic scholarship, no matter how serious they take academics or baseball.

Then again, some are capable of both!

No doubt, it is true, people need to know how important it is to take academics seriously. I know that is what you were getting at.

When the baseball team is covered for full scholarships like the basketball and football teams you can stop saying there is little money available. It is pretty simple and straight forward...when 63rd player in football is on a full ride at Florida (or pick a school) but the 7th kid on the roster for baseball is at 50% if he is lucky.....the math is pretty simple really