Skip to main content

Reply to "Where to go from here"

Originally Posted by PGStaff:

old_school,

I understand!  Then again, I don't consider 50% to be a little money.  There are many kids playing college baseball that are getting between 50% to 100%. And yes, there are many getting 25% and some getting nothing. My point is, it isn't the same for everyone. I understand the 11.7 scholarship limit is an issue.

No it's not the same as football or even basketball. But if you take 11.7 x cost of full ride, that is more than a little money.  And to each individual it is a different amount ranging from none to a lot to, in some cases, everything. My point was, it is not a "little" to everyone across the board. So claiming it is a little amount isn't really true in every case.

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that academics is very important. Then again if we look at the total financial picture maybe football is most important. Our college football coach makes around $4 million a year.  He is the highest paid person at the college and highest on the state's payroll.  So what are they telling us? What is more important? Academics or Football?

I can agree with this for the most part...it just pisses me off!!!