Skip to main content

Reply to "Where to start for college Recruiting?"

We put together a list of 25 schools that my son was interested before freshman year.  Sent each a letter of interest and information.  We built a free website on wix that had schedule for summer and spring, info such as phone, grades, gpa, contact info for coaches, video, awards, etc. 

We sent an email before every week of last week's performances and this week's schedule.  They could not respond and I wondered if anybody was actually reading them.  Found out later that several P5 RC and 1 HC was putting the info into his file.  During the summer, we sent updates and emails as to when he was pitching at what tournament and what field.  We had several show up for games and others thanked us for information.  I know there are those here who say that coaches do not read these things but I would have proof from conversations with coaches who made offers that if the information is useful and unbiased they will read it.  They may not fully trust it but as one coach said, it gave me additional information that I could use. 

When he finally decided to accept an offer, we sent each of the ones that we had been emailing, which some were added and some deleted through the process, an email thanking them for the ride.  He called all of the coaches that had made offers and thanked them personally for the offer but that he was accepting one from UT.  Never burn bridges.  You may have to get over a river and that may be the only way.