Skip to main content

Reply to "Where's the coaches..."

This is a great question to which I will say I was one of the coaches that took the other kids and tought them about the fundamental game of baseball and life. Back when the Texans (great teams) in BBI would have 40-60 kids at tryouts and I would have 15. The great reward as you say, was when the local kids I tought grew up and made there high school team. And then 7 of them went on to play college ball. I was fortunate to witness one of my oldest son`s college game in which there were (6) starters for both teams that got there start with me. This was one of the neatest moments to see along with there parents. But back then there was no organization`s that had mutiple teams. It has now skyrocketed and is a pretty big business. Face it, no one wants to play for dads anymore, parents want someones name (that has played this or that) to attach there sons name to. And believe me there are some great dad coaches around the metroplex. Whats funny??? most of the (has played this or thats) that everyone seeks out were tought by the DADS out here. That is if you grew up in the DFW area from which I`m familiar with.