Skip to main content

Reply to "Which city is next?"

quote:
Originally posted by Three Bagger:

"Another city might be the Portland, Oregon area."

Agreed. When the Expos moved to D.C. and became the Nationals, Portland made a strong push and was a legitimate contender. The Mariners consider Portland (and Vancouver) part of their "territory" and would probably strongly object, but then again so did Peter Angelos and the Orioles when the Nats moved to D.C. and they still found a way to get it done.

I also agree with Krakatoa that Vancouver, B.C. is a viable option - probably more so than Portland in some ways (a bigger town). And I disagree that a roof is a must. There will definitely be some rainouts in April, and some in May, but the weather in the northwest is very nice for the most part in the northwest from about mid-May most of the way through October. And the rain here is more "misty" than the kind of rain many of you experience. I think a lot of games would end up being played, even if not under ideal conditions.

Of course, if there is the money and the stomach for a retractable-roofed stadium, I can say they are AWESOME.

I voted for Raleigh-Durham from the list, but there are many good choices. I just see that area as one that has grown pretty rapidly, and has a long history of support for professional (and college) baseball.....