Skip to main content

Reply to "Which HS ???"

I don't know if this helps but we are from the East Coast (Boston north area) My son went to Saint Patricks elementry K-8. It was on the expensive side for private elementry. But the benefits of this sound basic education gave him the skills to move on and do well in a very expensive private high school. The cost of these schools are often ($25k per year)reduced by need based finincial aid. At least one third of the students at this school get some form of aid. The rest of the kids were born into the familys of the rich and famous. (just kidding )
My sons school is all boys and a real throw back to times when it was all about the education. It is a small school 450 boys 7-12.
But one thing I can say is every boy at this school brings something special to the table. If they need someone to sing in the glee club they find him.If they need someone to help the debate team they find him. And yes if they need a short stop he ends up there the next year. My point is altough it has been almost impossible to come up with my share of the tuition every year it is hands down the best investment I have made in my son. He is very talented in baseball, football and a former great hockey player. He will be attending Boston College and getting a great education while living his dream of playing baseball in the ACC. The Coachs are all teachers at this school and get to know my son as a student first and athelete second. This type of school is not the right fit for everyone. But I do know the good colleges love these schools because the boys at these schools often make the transition to the college experience with little trouble. Again please understand my opinion isn't that everyone should attend a school like this. But when given the chance to pick a school to go to if you choose education first and you can compete on elite teams as well you will have great choices after high school. Yes a good education is very evpensive but it is not nearly as costly as not getting one.