Skip to main content

Reply to "Which HS ???"

Just so you know some of these so called small two bit schools have great baseball programs.
Here in the New England area our top private schools do trips and have two week spring trainings in Fla. ( I know you don't need that in CA.) But it helps jump start the boy in this region. Even though our regular season is only 18 games my sons team played over 54 games during his H/S season. Our Coach is a great Man and without being asked helps every boy in his program find some kind of fit at the next level. He is passionate and dedicated to all aspects of the game. He feels teaching life lessons is as important as how to hit a fastball. He plays against colleges and PG schools to keep the competition strong. As far as instruction goes his asst. coach is Rich Gedman 3 time MLB All Star. The boys are getting some pretty good insight every day. Yes not all but some of these little schools do it not only as good as some of the BIG Boys but they do many of the important things a whole lot better. Boys dont flunk off because schools like this don't let it get that far. Every once in a while you get a young man who wants to disrupt things. Guess what happens then. The boy gets along or he is asked not to come back to school. Think of the outrage it would cause if we actually applied some discipline in the public schools. I am not trying to say that private is better. But for some kids that can cut the grades it opens a whole new world. And to discount the baseball at these schools isn't fair. In the 06 class there are around 7-10 players in a eight team league that will play D1 ball next year. I know in the california area those numbers arn't very impressive. But around here I would stack it up with most any other league.