Skip to main content

Reply to "Which Showcase to choose?"

Geezmom posted:
2019Dad posted:
RJM posted:

The ideal scenario is to be electronically timed on turf running against someone the same speed or slightly faster. 

It doesn’t matter if times vary. You’re going to use your best time promoting yourself.  Coaches see the players run relative to others and/or they have their own stop watch.

I don't think this is a question of times varying -- if it were just variation, you would expect that some would have posted a lower time at PG, and some a higher time. That didn't happen. Whether because of turf, running against another player, more accurate timing, whatever, it looks like PG is producing better results.

Example: Player 12 is a middle infielder. He's already committed. But in general, if you're an uncommitted middle infielder and you can do one showcase, the one where you can post a 6.83 is going to be better promotion than the one where you can post a 7.20.

Player 11 is a corners guy. He's already committed too. But if I'm an uncommitted corners guy and I get to choose the showcase, I'd want the one where I post a 7.13, not a 7.53.

If a player is already committed, what would be reasons to still do showcase events?   

Some reasons... obligation to travel/showcase team, awareness that sometimes commitments becomes undone, vehicle to continue playing high level baseball, continued exposure for next level (pro scouts).