Skip to main content

Reply to "Whitney Young 2007 Sophomore Team"

Mark,

I'm sure you have some very talented baseball players on your team. However, being pulled up onto varsity for the playoff does not equate to being "in the spotlight". Usually these players are there to help out, bullpen catch, and possibly pinch run. This is not to take anything away from the players...they will have their chance to contribute on varsity in the years to come and will most likely be very successful...but you are stating the facts in quite a misleading way.

Secondly, for some reason I'm not surprised that "good coaching and a nurturing approach" was cited as a major cause for their success. It seems that one of your goals on this site is the sophistic inflation of your program. You try to equate yourself with other "elite" travel programs. I'm sure your team is good. The difference is that you talk about your program, but other elite programs are talked about by people not involved in the program. You do your talking in a chatroom and the other elite teams do their talking on the field. I know who wins in my book.

Alex Gallan