Skip to main content

Reply to "Who did this kid **** off?!"

Most of these bios are written by someone in the sports information office of the athletic department, they put in basic stats and information and try to highlight the positives while including some basic stats. I am sure that this season was rough on the player.

If it is the ERA you are referring to, I can make the argument that an ERA based upon 2.1 innings is not terribly meaningful. Also, Charleston Southern is the lowest ranked school in the Big South Conference ..... this player's 2.1 innings were against Coastal Carolina, Virginia Tech, College of Charleston (twice) and Savannah State. At least 3 out of 4 of those are significantly more successful programs than Charleston Southern so it doesn't surprise me that his ERA against these schools is high. Also, the scores in most of the 5 games he appeared in were very lopsided, he may have been put in for "mop-up duty", not usually going to see a banner outing in those cases. I have no idea why his innings are limited, perhaps he was injured, perhaps they had pitching depth and they didn't need him much his RS Freshman year.

I hope this player goes out and has a banner year next year.
Last edited by cheapseats