Skip to main content

Reply to "Who is really in charge???"

I thought about this one before responding. Some thoughts but have no idea if these are applicable

Seems the organization is blaming the coaching staff for the problems that have occurred with 3 of their top prospects. Maybe they felt the patients were running the asylum. Another theory is maybe they felt the coaches were not aggressive enough. Maybe they felt when Delmon Young got into it with that umpire for example, that a coach should have come out and stood between the player and the umpire thus possibly avoided the bat-throwing incident. Maybe they felt they had one too many incidents this year and were going to hold someone accountable. Whatever it is, they have now sent a message to the rest of the organization. These reasons I have provided are not my own but possible guesses as to their motives. BTW, I followed the Pirates and Richie Hebner as a kid. He was a decent player but not a great player.

The coaches are demonstrating wisdom by not blasting the organization and burning bridges. Hopefully they can hook on somewhere else.