Skip to main content

Reply to "Who is the best agent?"

quote:
Originally posted by voodoochile:
quote:
Originally posted by pops:
And why?

There is no one best Agent. Everyone has different needs so what works for one player may not work for another.

The best Agent will be the one who meets the criteria you & your family have decided are most important to them.

First, do your homework to determine what you want in terms of approach & aservices offered i.e. do you want someone real aggresive who will push for the very last dime? Do you want a big firm with a "one stop shopping" type of service and all the plusses and minuses of being a "small fish in a big pond" or do you want a smaller firm where you can independently pick & choose what services you desire with the trade-offs that result.

Second, conduct interviews with prospective agents rather than have meetings where you listen to a sales "pitch". You need to control the agenda & seek information from credible, experienced sources based on what is right for you.

Finally, get references. Not just the superstar players an Agent represents. Get the phone numbers for some of his clients who are career Minor Leaguers & find out how they have been taken care of. Talk to people they've dealt with from MLB. Remember that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I'm sure this is a first, but I agree 100%! Best advice you could get. Smile

"Give 'im the stinky cheese"