Skip to main content

Reply to "Who is the best agent?"

quote:
Originally posted by voodoochile:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03DAD:

"You seem to put a lot of emphesis on arbitrations and multi-year deals or rather a persons "lack of".

I put a lot of emphasis on them because they're "life *& death" important. Mistakes in either area can cost a player millions of dollars &/or his relationship with his team.

"Impressive lawyer talk but I think a young potential draftee and his parents would much rather trust their sons future with a competent, loyal, hard working person with integrity beyond reproach that they feel comfortable with and especially one that has the respect of EVERY MLB organization and every player that he ever represented."

Why isn't it possible to find these qualities in an Agent who ALSO has experience in the important areas I mention above? It is possible because that's exactly what I give my clients & I know I'm not the only one in the biz who can say that.

ok - twice in one thread. Voodoo is absolutely bang-on here. Arbitration and multi-year deals are absolutely the most important negotiations of a players career. And, if you didn't trust your son's future with an agent, obiously you wouldn't sign with him. Trusting his future also means that he knows what he is doing in these critical areas - as Voodoo says, players can easily lose millions if these aren't negotiated well.

"Give 'im the stinky cheese"