Skip to main content

Reply to "Who is the best agent?"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pops:

OK you TORCH me for my attitude on a message board where I'm anonymous & is seen by a small segment of the Baseball community:
pops
voodoo, Your attitude is one of the reasons that agents get put down so much.
pops
Voodoo, Sit back and put yourself in a parents position. Read the voodoo posts and then tell your wife that you would like to have this guy represent your son. You may end up paying the kids bonus money to a divorce lawyer."

And now you're a cheerleader for THE most universally despised Agent in the game who makes statements in the NATIONAL press & on NATIONAL T.V. & Radio that makes his clients look like greedy fools for being asssociated with him?

Everyone hates this guy. I'm not even sure his Mom likes him. Tommy Tanzer(no angel himself) had to be held back from trying to kick Boras' butt at an MLBPA Agents meetin in LA a few yaer ago. There are MANY teams that tell their scouts to cross a kid off their list if they even THINK he's working with Boras.

So if as you say "Since most people on this site have children in college or high school"
Don't you think that should be taken into consideration?

Furthermore you said:

"pops Member"
"The value of an agent starts when arbitration is approaching for the young major leaguer."

Arbitration is crucial for a young player & Boras has lost 9 of his last 10. Even more important is the art of making a deal without having to go to a hearing. More often than not, because of their loathing for the man & his poor record in recent cases, teams won't negotiate with Boras on his arbitration eligible cases once figures get exchanged.

"He has his own staff of scouts and also sees the players himself. Being a good judge of talent and understanding a players real value is a talent that he has."

Big deal. Do you seriously think that he has any better idea of a players worth than his team does? If that were true, why has he lost so many cases in arbitration? This is a selling point that is so bogus as to be beyond a fantasy. How about the 100 pages of BS he sent to teams about ARod that his "staff" compiled. That must've been what impressed Tom Hicks so much right?
Last edited {1}