Skip to main content

Reply to "Who is the best agent?"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pops:
"Voodoochile, Wow, you don't think much of the other agents do you?"

There are a few I happen to think highly of. However your boy Boras isn't one of them.

"What is your response to the bonus money that Boras has negotiated for the drafted players compared to his fellow agents?"

He's gotten some good deals for some players, not so good deal for others. Don't forget the cost & I don't mean his commission. If your team despises your Agent what will they think of you for choosing him? Remember David Espinosa & Dane Sardinha? What about their deals?

"I think that many agents are jealous of Boras because he has such a top notch client list"

Not jealous of him at all. Enjoy being able to look myself in the mirror. Wouldn't trade places with him for Bill Gates' money. Not if I had to do what he's done to too many players.

"has embarrassed many of them at draft time by negotiating contracts that are much larger than most of the other guys."

He never embarassed any of my deals. As to the guys he has embarassed, it's almost always been at the cost of their relationship with their team. How many of his clients get scouting, coaching, broadcasting jobs with their former teams when they're done playing? Almost none because they won't forgive them for their Agents'conduct.

"I don't know what his 100 page effort did for A-Rod, but he negotiated a $250 million dollar deal for him"

That now hangs like a millstone around his neck. ARod would give $100 mill. to get out of the deal if he could.

" the two best deals of all time for Chan Ho Park and Driefort."

Can't disagree that those two are astonishing deals. Chan Hopeless & Dreifort should be naming all their kids after him. I'd like to know who he has blackmail pictures of & what they were doing in the pictures to come up with those deals.

Still wouldn't touch the guy if you were holding the 20 foot pole& paying his commission.
Last edited {1}