Skip to main content

Reply to "Who Is The Best Travel Program In NJ?"

@Baseball59 posted:

Honestly cant say I've witnessed anything less than what was promised. Truth is, some kids just cant cut it at the level he has set for his players. Not one program i know does as much for their players as this one. Videos, webinars,  MLB players giving one on one instruction.  Live conference calls with the players and D1, D2, D3, and JUCO coaches, allowing the players to ask direct questions. National interactive training with National trainers.  The boys even trained this winter with Big 10 Rutgers in their indoor facility. GREAT experience.  The bar is set high here. As i said its not for everyone !

Like I've stated, my interactions are based on when travel ball started really kicking into gear around 2009 - 2013.

It was like the wild, wild west, were many were learning on the fly coaches and parents.

Note, my son played for the Tri-State Arsenal when they had their loaded team with Gallen, Scortino, Thasis, Evert, Blum, etc. , they played at level vs play up.   Ockimey, Gatto and some others (including my son) were at age level and grade level on the "B" team.  Joe B. was about that stud team to market the Arsenal, not mad at him but you had to understand who was getting the better training within the organization. 

Note, Ockimey, Gatto and some others wound up doing individual training outside the Arsenal.

As for Heslel, the initial challenge was where would you actually train.  If you were on his showcase team but from NJ, where are you getting your training. At the time, that process was challenging,  so what are you showcasing your individual knowledge or your individual/team knowledge.

Many advance defensive scenarios are difficult to execute if you don't practice them.

Many college coaches understood, the baseball IQ of today's player (feel of the game), might not be the same as when you and I played the game.

Note, this is my humble opinion.