Skip to main content

Reply to "Who Is The Best Travel Program In NJ?"

At the end of my son's 15U summer, we got a message on our answering machine from someone saying they were from Arsenal, would our son be interested in playing for them next season (we are nowhere near NJ).  We had no clue what they were.  We figured, o.k., we'll do some research into this tomorrow.  The next day my father had a heart attack, we were at the hospital with him for 2 weeks, then life moved on, we never followed up, son stayed with his same organization.  Since I've learned more about Arsenal and how such teams work, I've wondered, did we miss a great opportunity?  or dodge a bullet?  We'll never know, which goes to show that with coronavirus or any other life event, you can't tell what kind of fork in the road it will prove to be.

I would state that it depends on what team they were planning to place your son.  What school's did they connect on his behalf. You making those contacts to determine if there was real interest.

Again, my son played with them for 3 years, their college placement program was all talk, they didn't have what we might call a 7 step program.

Secondly, they didn't really make connections or guide players to mid majors, d2, etc  as for they didn't have the bandwidth.

Note,  a travel team's recruiting coordinator is a very important job, but the problem was it wasn't full-time. 

That person had to make his money via lessons, coaching, etc.

IMHO, it has gotten better, but to what extent, that is for the newbies to articulate.

Many programs are using social networking tools to make those connections.

NCSA

Field-Level

Sportsforce

Sportthread

or HS Baseball Website

to understand where some of the trap doors might be.