Skip to main content

Reply to "who you rooting for?"

The winner of Florida and Alabama game will be in the national championship game. If Texas wins against Nebraska they will be in the national championship game.

But what if Nebraska wins? Creates several possible scenarios.

1. The national championship game takes TCU because it theoretically be the next highest ranked team that is also undefeated.

2. The national championship game takes Cincy over TCU because the Big East is a major conference whereas the Mountain West is not - plus the strength of schedule favors Cincy a little over TCU.

3. They take a one loss SEC championship game loser or a one loss Texas to play in the national championship. Which leads all the "mid-major" conferences to protest by leaving the NCAAA. They set up their own organization with a playoff system for football. In 10 years it surpasses the NCAA and teams from the "major" conferences start trickling into the new organization. Finally after 20 years the NCAA disappears and is never heard from again.

Honestly I hope number 3 happens but I doubt it will.....except for the one loss SEC team or one loss Texas team getting in over TCU or Cincy.

Unfortunately with TCU not playing this week Boise State is just left out in the cold. I don't see how they would jump ahead of Cincy and TCU if both of them win this week.